Saturday, November 17, 2012

Ronald McDonald House

This week was a little rough. By Monday morning I was already checking to see if it was Friday. But it got better. Thursday night my department at work went to the Ronald McDonald House to do some volunteer work and it was just what I needed. Sadly, it was the first time I had been there, but it definitely wont be the last. 4 of us from the department headed up after work, some brought their families. We ended up cooking dinner for the families staying there. We also took a tour of the house and learned more about what they do there, which is amazing. Then once dinner was ready the families came in to eat. We sat down with different families and learned their story. I was amazed at their positive attitudes through extremely hard times. It was inspiring. I can't wait to go again.
 

No comments: