Thursday, July 9, 2009

1st Weigh In


Today was my first weigh in since I started my "diet" (I don't like the word diet, I prefer "lifestyle changes"). It's been 18 days. I was guessing I had lost between 4-6 pounds. I have gone down a size in clothes, but kept second guessing myself and saying that I probably was just wearing a bigger size when I should have been wearing the size down. I knew I hadn't lost enough to go down a size in clothes. I've been working really hard at this and have been pretty proud of my determination. Well, this morning I went in and hopped on that dreaded torture device and I am down (drum roll please)...
13 pounds!!!
I was completely convinced her scale was broken. I got off and then got back on again to make sure the number was correct. I had her double check the number that I was at my last visit to make sure 13 pounds was accurate... and indeed it was! I am so super excited! My hard work has been paying off and I am motivated all over again to keep at it. She checked my blood pressure and my blood sugar and already they have lowered significantly. Today is a good day! My next appointment is August 11th- which is 33 days from now. I'll definitely set a goal of pounds I want to lose by that next weigh in. I'll keep you posted on how I do this next month! (PS. I am only weighing myself on her scale so I keep that consistency).
Also, before I started this I went and bought an outfit I had been eyeing for about a week or so. It was pretty pricey, but I was totally in love with it. I ended up buying it a size down to help motivate me and last night I tried it on for the first time and it fit perfectly. Mom suggested I see if I can take it back and switch it for the next size down, to keep that motivation going... I think I will!

1 comment:

Kimberlyn said...

Wow, great job. Keep up the good work!