Saturday, June 20, 2009

Pie Success

I have to start this blog with my mom and sister make the most beautiful delicious pies ever! I am talking they are legendary! People rave about them and crave them and they are just amazing. At birthdays their pies are requested instead of the usual birthday cake. We have a pie crust recipe that is my great grandma's recipe I believe and we all just love it. It's the only pie crust we will ever use. Well, I have tried my hand at pies and they are always a failure for so many reasons. They never even come close to the glorious pies my mom and sister make. Well, the other day I was feeling brave and decided to make an apple pie with all of the apples Michael has been getting through his second job. I was so impressed with myself I had to take a picture. And, Emily and Mom wanted to see my work... so ladies, this one's for you.


It was beautifully browned, it was perfectly rounded with extra filling- the spices were delicious... and it was bubbly and juicy. I think Michael thought I was pretty silly because I was taking a picture of the pie, but when he saw it and then ate it... he understood my excitement! I may not wait another 10 years before trying another pie!!

No comments: