Saturday, June 20, 2009

I love you grandpa

I always look forward to Memorial day because my family always goes to my grandpa Woodall's grave. He passed away in 1998, and has been greatly missed ever since. I love sitting around his grave and seeing the sea of American flags waving in the wind. I love hearing my grandma Woodall talk about him and how they first met. I love reminiscing about the things we all love about him and remember about him. I still remember a story my uncle told at his funeral about how my grandpa had been outside a ways from his house and noticed a bunch of broken glass in the road, he walked all the way home (he was unable to drive for many years) to grab a broom and dust pan and proceeded to walk all the way back just to pick up the glass so that no one would be hurt by it or blow a tire from it. He cleaned the mess and then walked all the way home. This is one of MANY stories that showed what a good example he was to his family and all that knew him. I think of him often and miss his kind and gentle heart.
He was such a great man, and is truly loved.

No comments: