Saturday, May 9, 2009

Ramdon thoughts for today

Today has been a busy day. We woke up early to hit garage sales. Michael got some more tools so he was a happy man! I got just a bunch of odds and ends again. Christmas Cd's, books, cloth napkins in brown and black, a bunch of different shampoos and conditioners etc. Just random things. Nothing too exciting. Then we hit Costco and went shopping for a mothers day gift. Then we came home and took a nice afternoon nap. Love that! I think we are both trying to play catch up from our late night thursday! Then after napping we took the cars in to have them checked because they've been making funny noises and the tires on our truck have worn down to metal in some spots, I'm no expert but I'm guessing that probably isn't a good thing. Unfortunately we found out both cars needed new tires and the truck also needed an alignment. Not exactly what we had hoped for but they needed to be done. After all of that we've just been relaxing at home. We watched some more Frasier episodes. I made fajitas for dinner. Michael is watching Bolt in the bedroom right now and I'm hearing him laugh every now and then which is a sound I love to hear.

I just got off the phone with my mom and she said Elder Packham (aka elder cutie pie) is calling tomorrow night and we get to talk to him for over an hour!! I can't wait. I am so excited. I'm guessing it will be like Christmas where we all were just balling, but definitely good, happy tears! He's been gone almost 6 months now and he says his Spanish is getting better and he's feeling much more confident with it. We hear from him every week via email and we look so forward to those emails, he has surprised us all with the details and stories he tells and also how often we hear from him. He's such a good kid.
I've been feeling better today, the new medication the er doctor started me on is helping so far. My back is getting better too, still sore every now and then but much better then it has been. Michael has been having issues which his stomach again the last couple of days- we need to get his surgery scheduled but with him just starting his new job we're not sure when be a good time. He has his second check up on his neck surgery in a few weeks to make sure everything still looks OK- his first check up went really well. One thing after another after another at this house. I am very grateful for the wonderful husband that I have that takes such good care of me.

No comments: