Monday, December 29, 2008

2008 Christmas

Michael and I decided to spend the night in Orem since we heard there was supposed to be a huge storm coming in. We slept at my grandma's house. We had a delicious dinner Christmas eve night with a lot of new recipes. Then some of us played hand and foot while others watched a movie (and others slept the night away... EMILY). We also listened to Roberts tape that he had sent a few weeks back. It was a cassette tape where he and his roommates and companion were all talking. It was so fun to hear his voice!

Then we went to grandma's for bed and showed up at mom and dad's at 7:45 where we got the best Christmas present of all!! We were surprised by a phone call from Robert in Peru at about 8:00 am Christmas day. He only had 10 minutes and we took full advantage of every minute! He was pretty emotional and so were we. We all agreed that this was the first Christmas where we all were balling! Good times! No one thought he'd be able to call since he is still in the MTC, but I had a feeling we'd hear from him and we did. That was all any of us could have asked for. It definitely wasn't the same this year without him, but hearing from him first thing definitely helped. WE LOVE YOU ROBERT!! I guess this was the first time they have ever let the missionaries call home on Christmas there at the Peru MTC, we sure were glad they did!

Well after the 10 minutes was up and we all got Kleenex, we opened our stockings and headed to the family room to open gifts. It was a really fun Christmas together. And FINALLY I got to reveal my surprise to Michael that I've been working on for months!!
I made Michael a Quilt!!


I chose browns and blues and made a queen size quilt for him. I was so excited. I can't even sew a button on so I was quite proud of myself! My mom would show me how to do something but I did 99.9% of it by myself. It turned out pretty good. I'm glad I don't have to make up any more lies to keep him from finding out about it too!

No comments: