Saturday, September 29, 2012

Fall Projects

Life has been a little crazy this last month, and I felt like I haven't accomplished much. So last weekend when life slowed down a bit I decided I wanted to tackle two projects. I'm really happy with how they both turned out.

Project #1 Increase the curb appeal of our house on a budget. I have put so much focus on the inside of our house, and the outside is what REALLY needs it. The porch has looked horrible since we moved in. So I wanted to spruce it up a bit and not spend a lot. The yard however, is a job for another day. The only thing I still want to do is get a couple of outdoor throw pillows for more color to put on the chairs. It's not a huge change, but enough to make a difference.

Before
Before


After
Project #2 Remember this picture:
I wanted something on the walls in the bedroom but all I could think of was family pictures or mirror which I already had in the room, so... this is what I came up with.
The picture on the left is a map of American fork, where Michael and I met. And the picture on the right is a map of cottonwood/millcreek area where Michael and I were married. So it's sentimental to us, but is something different then the same go to ideas. I am really happy with how they turned out. And happy it's done!! You wouldn't think it would be that big of a process, but because I needed them so big, it ended up being a process. But it's done and I love it!

No comments: