Sunday, December 25, 2011

Getting to know you- Holiday Style

Eggnog or hot chocolate?
Can Wassail be an option? If not- hot chocolate!
Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa fills the stockings- some are wrapped, some are not. But under the tree are from the fam. And on occasion other random people such as the mail man, or john wayne, or the bishop. We’re an odd family.
Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I have always loved the colored lights but I think this next year I may go with white lights if my husband lets me get away with it!
Do you hang mistletoe?
No, but not really sure why not. More kissing?? OK!!
When do you hang your decorations up?
Either right after thanksgiving or the first big snow storm
What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Not sure. This year the brie en crout was a big hit and very yummy!
Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Waking up to a Christmas tree in our bedroom that Santa had left for us
What is on your Christmas wish list?
This year I had a lot of hair and beauty products, and perfume.
Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve?
Usually we open one each on Christmas Eve, but there are usually a few scrooges (em and benji!)
How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Ours has been fairly simple. Colored lights and colored ornaments- teal/purple/hot pink/green…. Want to change it up next year.
Snow? Love it or dread it?
Not a fan. Wish it only snowed Christmas morning and never again.
Real tree or fake tree?
As a kid when it was mom and dad’s job- real tree all the way. Now that it’s my job- fake please!
Do you remember your favorite gift?
Not as a kid- but as an adult, my camera and the clock my dad made me
What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you?
Spending the day with the entire family!!
What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Hmmm… don’t know. Baklava maybe?
What is your favorite tradition?
Doing the Angel tree with my husband
What tops your tree?
A star type of thing
Do you prefer giving or receiving?
Giving!! I get sooooo excited about what I got people, I love seeing their reactions.
What is your favorite Christmas song?
Little Drummer boy- Robert’s version
Candy canes, yuck or yum?
Not a fan
Favorite Christmas movie?
Elf, home alone, or it’s a wonderful life
What do you leave for Santa?
Nothing now as an adult
Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?
Stockings first- then usually gifts after that and then yummy breakfast together
Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall?
Probably more at the stores, but I did more online stuff this year then I have in the past
Christmas letter or Christmas card?
Photo Christmas Cards all the way!
Traditions you want to start?
I have friends that put a gift under the tree with things they are giving to Jesus for the year such as being nicer to each other. I think that’s a great idea and helps to keep Christmas Christ centered.

No comments: