Monday, March 21, 2011

What a beaut!

It took us about a week total and our laundry room went from this:


to this!! It looks amazing!! I totally LOVE it and am convinced that Michael and I will be fighting over who gets to do laundry now!


I found this blog where a lady did the board and batten molding in her bathroom and it looked so pretty we decided to try it in our laundry room. She made it look easy with all of her step by step instructions listed as well as the products she used, so we gave it a go. We definitely ran into some challenges such as every time we nailed a piece of molding into the wall EVERY NAIL IN THE WALL popped out of the wall and needed to be patched. It took 5 coats of white and two coats of blue (it had primer in it). We went with Behr paint, the blue is called sonata and the white is called powdered snow (I think). We went with a semi gloss for the blue and a high gloss for the white. We used the same wood as she used in the blog, and spaced the molding about 12 inches apart from each other, however on the wall with the window, we played with it a bit to just make it look good to the eye as apposed to spacing it 12 inches. We also replaced our floor boards with the same board we used for the top piece of the molding. And lastly we gave our boring builder silver light fixture just a quick spray with the krylon oil rubbed bronze paint to have it match all of the other oil rubbed bronze hardware we have throughout the house and installed some basic wood blinds which I am sure our neighbors across the street are thanking us for!

And, I have to say that this guy:



is awesome! He truly amazed me on this project. He knew how to do everything that needed to be done. He had the tools for everything, he had answers to problems we ran into and he was so much fun to be with working on this project. We laughed and joked and cursed our frustrations together and I love him so much! He did a really great job! It's official, my hot hubby rocks! And, getting to check out his bulging biceps and hot behind during this project didn't hurt either. I definitely got the best end of this deal!
I love you babe, thank you thank you thank you for all of your hard work!!

6 comments:

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

Gorgeous!!! I want to come over and do laundry too! I love the blue paint up top... great job guys! You should come show it off at the Power of Paint Party on Tuesday.

affinity said...

Wow, Bets!!! It's beautimus!!!

QNC said...

Looks great! Your guy's place is so cute. I'm jealous.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

You guys are a great team! Your laundry room looks amazing!

Nikki said...

This project turned out great! The blue looks amazing against the crisp white...I've been trying to work up enough energy to do my guest bath JUST like this...thank you for sharing!

nest of posies said...

it looks fantastic!

you have every reason to be proud.

i love that door, as well!

thanks for linking up to the SPRING FLING!

kellie