Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Grateful for my girls

Today for some reason I have been thinking about the week of HELL that we went through with our sweet girls in the hospital the end of October. I don't know why I'm thinking about that today, but I have to tell you how grateful I am to the hospital we took them to. Seriously they were wonderful. The staff there loved our girls the way we do, and wouldn't give up on them. There was one point when I was convinced that we were going to lose Ruby and the sweet doctor there wouldn't even let me think that. He kept positive and helped me to get back to being positive. He was very careful to not give us false hope, but at the same time keep very positive. I am 100% sure that we (our family) was the biggest pain in their behind, because there was ALWAYS a member of our family at their facility and when one person left, another one showed up, I'm sure asking the staff the same questions the last person just did. But they were patient and kind and reassuring the entire time. Their staff was incredibly knowledgeable, even though ivermectin poisoning was something that none of them had ever seen before because it is so rare- they did their research, they called animal poison control to talk to them about the details of this, they researched it in books and other resources, and they wouldn't give up on them. I truly feel like I could kiss the faces off of every one of their staff members, but am doing my best to hold back!! We get to enjoy our sweet girls every day, and have them to thank!

Soph: I absolutely love watching her with Husky. The way she will just latch on to that guy for hours and still to this day (years later) wont rip him up. I love that she knows if you are having a bad day or not and will not leave your side if it's a bad day. She is precious!!

Ruby Tuesday: Oh she's a hoot. She has hair in places you would never guess and she should not be as cute as she is, but she is absolutely darling!! I love holding her when it's bed time and she's completely passed out and with out fail she'll start to have "puppy dreams" where she makes funny noises and kind of twitches in her sleep. I love that she sleeps in the bed like a person with her head on the pillows above the blankets and her body underneath the blankets.

I LOVE MY GIRLS!!
Thank you for taking such good care of them!!

No comments: