Wednesday, July 22, 2009

New job... sort of


For the last year (to the day as of yesterday) I have worked for a company that makes and sells health products. I was hired to be the assistant to the risk management department, however from day one I was the assistant to the head of the department... 1 person, instead of the department. I struggled with that. It wasn't what I had signed up for and I did not enjoy the job. I did not want to be the person that got someone their coffee, I wanted to be someone that learned different aspects of the company and how things worked and how I could help different people in the company with whatever project they were working with. I wanted to learn new information and new skills. I struggled with it for a year and many times said I cant do it anymore, or this doesn't make me happy. But, I stuck with it. Well today I was given a new position with the company and I am thrilled about it. I will work with a whole new, different team and department. I will learn a whole new aspect of this company that I never was able to get my hands dirty with before. This is really exciting! It's been a day that I had hoped for, for a long time and is finally happening! It's a good day!

No comments: