Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday Monday

Is it me or is Monday the hardest day of the week? I tell ya, every Monday morning I press snooze way more times then the rest of the week, and today was no exception. Last night Grandma and Mom came up around 4ish to play cards and I didn't get to bed until almost 11:30. It was a really fun night but boy am I tired. Michael and Grandma always play on a team and Mom and I always play on a team. Mom and I got wasted! Usually our games are pretty close but not last night- we lost in a big way. That's OK though because that means we'll have to play again soon to get our revenge! We always enjoy playing cards together. We get to catch up on what everyone has been up to and laugh a lot together. I really enjoy the time that we spend playing together!
We had a pretty good weekend too. Michael had to work a 12 hour day on Saturday to make up some hours so I was on my own, but I accomplished quite a bit. Our house got a pretty good cleaning done, I ran all sorts of errands, came back home and did dishes and laundry. Then Sunday Michael and I got working on a couple of refinishing projects. We had an old rocking chair that needed some TLC and now it looks just darling. It got a new paint job and we recovered the seat. We also painted some shelves that will be going up in our living room. Slowly but surely our living room is becoming a little more homey.
Today, I've been sitting here at work trying to keep my eyes open. So I decided to splurge and take myself out to lunch and get a nice break away from the office! I decided on Sushi!! I'm very new to sushi. Michael loves it so I've been trying to be brave and go more often, I'm actually learning to love it! Anyway, that was a nice break in the day... especially on a Monday! When I came back from lunch I had a sweet email from Elder Packham and boy do I miss him. He sounds happy and that means the world to his family! His letters are the only good part about Mondays!!
Michael had another follow up appointment to his neck surgery- the doctor said everything is looking really well, however he's still been having some pain so he is being sent to do physical theraphy for awhile to see if they can get his pain under control. We'll keep you updated.

No comments: