Monday, May 18, 2009

Food Storage... again!!

I have to do a plug for Dealstomeals.com they are AMAZING!! I know I have mentioned it before on my blog but I am getting so into it and utilizing what they have to offer a lot more now. Dealstomeals.com is a website that basically does the research for you to know what good deals on groceries are going on each week and at what store. They put together a list called "tips of the week" where you can just print out that list and take it to walmart (where they price match- I just recently started this part of it and it's AMAZING!!) the list has the best of the best deals going on so you want to stalk up because the deal is too good to pass up. After only a few months of doing her program I have gotten to the point where I almost always only buy the items that are on this list- because my food storage has grown so much I have the other items that I would need for something because it was previously on the list and I stocked up then! Does that make sense? Her program eliminates coupons which can be time consuming. It also eliminates having to look through ads at multiple stores, it's fantastic. Also, her website also has a recipe section where she gives you a week's worth of menu's (main dishes, sides, and desserts!) all made with the items that are on sale that week! Seriously I love this website! We went from zero food storage to so much that we don't have room for it in our basement- within only a few months. Another nice things about her website is on the list of what is on sale- she also includes how much of it you should buy for your year supply and what the shelf life is. Example: on this week's list was 30oz jars of mayonnaise for $1.88 ea./2 year shelf life/2-3 jars a person. So when I went I bought 6 jars and there is our year supply for our household- done! It is that easy!!! When I went to do my groceries this week, I went to walmart and they literally had to have the manager come approve my transaction because I had saved so much money! When I get home I'll attach the pictures of what I got on this weeks shopping adventure. She does it on her website and it's so inspiring to see how much she got and what her grand total was... so I'm going to do it when I get home. It seriously is so exciting! Pictures to come...

4 comments:

Elisa said...

That sounds pretty awesome. So how much does it cost to sign up for something like that?

Betsy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betsy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betsy said...

It's $4.95/month, but it is month to month so if you dont like it you can cancel at any time. Also, she is offering 2 weeks free right now to try. To me it is so worth it because I save so much more then the monthly fee. If you want me to show you it I'd love to, just let me know!