Thursday, April 30, 2009

Blessed

It's been a couple of rough weeks at our house but things are really looking up. Yesterday Michael was offered a job. It was his third choice out of everything he has applied for so not too shabby. He starts Monday. The job has kind of funky hours so that will be an adjustment but we are just thankful for the position. Yesterday we also found out that unemployment was approved so we'll be able to collect 2 weeks worth which should really help us out. On top of that I am almost back to "normal". We had our sweet home teacher and another nice man from our ward give both Michael and I a blessing on Saturday and by Monday I was feeling pretty good. I started back to work on Monday after taking a whole week off (yikes!). I'm a little stiff and a little sore, and occasionally you'll find me walking a little funny but other then that I am great. I've had my share of breakdowns the last couple of weeks, but Michael has been there to take care of me and hold me when I've cried, and on top of taking care of me he's been keeping the house cleaned, and making meals, and looking for work among many other things. I am truly blessed with such a wonderful husband. We also have been very blessed by the wonderful neighbors we have around us. We've been given several delicious meals and had several phone calls of people checking on us. It's definitely been a rough patch but thankfully it didn't last long. We have been blessed.

Life Is Good

2 comments:

BAWC said...

congratulations. i am so happy to hear all of the good news. i have been worried about you guys :)

Betsy said...

You are sweet, thank you! We're doin ok! Are you guys ok?? Having a family that's sick is no fun at all!!