Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Mono

I forgot to mention... I have been feeling really weird lately and just haven't been able to figure out what is wrong. I went to the doctor AGAIN... (which by the way, our insurance changed and we had to switch doctors. WE LOVE our old doctor so this really really stunk!!) Anyway, I went in for a check up last week to see if they could figure it out. I got the results back last night and I have mono. Does anyone know much about Mono? I've been reading up on it and am not finding too much detail. Basically what I'm reading is it's a virus that basically makes you feel REALLY fatigued (which that was my main symptom that made me go get checked out!). Does anyone know anymore about it?? Like i said... it is ALWAYS something at our house... ALWAYS.
Also, Michael has his appointment on the 21st to find out if he'll be having surgery on his neck. We are kind of praying that he'll be able to have the surgery so that he can start feeling better, but also praying that he wont have to have surgery just because it's fairly scary surgery!! Apparently they lay him on his back and go through his throat and move his whole throat to the side to go through to his neck... i don't know about you but that does not sound fun!! My poor guy!!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

mono yuck!! i dont know much about it either , but i am sorry your sick. And that surgery doesnt sound fun at all. let us know what happens!!!

Betsy said...

How are you feeling???

BAWC said...

betsy, i had mono in high school it was no fun at all. i was fatigued all of the time, it usually lasts about 2 months and from what i understand, you will always have the dormant virus in your body (i think it is the epstein barr virus). i did a regimen of B vitamins that made me feel a million times better (talk to someone at a health food store). also, my mom has had that neck surgery (called an ACD&F anterior cervical dissection and fusion three times) let me know if we can answer your questions about it if it turns out that way for michael. good luck to you both!

Betsy said...

Thanks April!! I appreciate it. We'll definately come chat with you if he ends up having to have it!!