Sunday, May 23, 2010

Busy Beavers

We got up yesterday at 6:30 am and we are finally taking a break now- Sunday at 7pm. I'm ready for a nap! We woke up early to try to get some garage sales in before the work crew showed up at our house at 8:00 to finish taking care of the final walk through items. By about 10:00 we came home to a house full of guys busy at work. We had one guy doing paint touch ups and fixing nail head "pop outs", 3 guys fixing the flooring (there were several bleach spots on the laminate), and we had one guy working on the master bathroom- fixing the shower and bath surround. The house was a total disaster, but we got quite a few things taken care of! While they were working on the house inside Michael and I were outside laying sod in the back yard and that turned out pretty good! Today we worked on light fixtures. 2 out of the 3 we got at garage sales yesterday which saved a bunch of money- SCORE! Michael also hung up new towel racks and TP holders and stuff as well. Things are looking good. We are trying to get all of the silver fixtures in the house changed over to oil rubbed bronze. We're getting there. I think in the last week we've made 100 trips to Lowes, our new favorite store. It's funny how it used to be a store I dreaded going to and now I look forward to it!!
As far as the job search goes- no real updaate. I've applied for a bunch- but nothing has come of it yet. I have to admit though, I am enjoying being able to be at home and work on the house, but at the same time I am also anxious to get back working. I'm hoping to find something that I really love and enjoy. Wish me luck!

No comments: