Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Question?


This last weekend I spent several hours and went through all of my recipes (500+) threw out duplicates, threw out ones that didn't sound good anymore, threw out ones that called for ingredients I will never buy etc. I put everything into new sheet protectors that don't have spills and pieces of ingredients stuck to them. I separated them all into 6 separate binders with different labels on them (i.e. Bread/ Soup & Salad etc). So here is where I need your help. These are filled with both recipes we've tried and loved and also recipes I have never tried but want to someday. Obviously if I try one and it's nasty I'll just throw it out as well- but how do I mark it so I know it's been tried and we liked it and it's a keeper? I don't really want to write all over them so I'm trying to think of a way to do this and will keep them looking nice and neat, but that I can tell that it's a good recipe and not one that we haven't yet tried. Any ideas? I realize as I'm writing this that I sound completely anal, so humor me, please??

4 comments:

Kimberlyn said...

some sort of removable flagging tab, or they have those new post it note lable things. May be fun to write comments on them too. Sometimes I would change one or two things and the recipe would still be awesome. Good luck, it's a daunting task I know. I've been trying to do my MIL's for over a year.

Jen said...

If they're in sheet protectors, you could write on the sheet protector (over the recipe) with overhead markers. They wipe off with water so you can't smudge them like a dry-erase marker. By the way, I am impressed!!!

http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/StaplesProductDisplay?&storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10051&partNumber=125310&cm_mmc=GoogleBase-_-Shopping-_-Office_Supplies%253EMarkers-_-125310-16078

Maren said...

Color sticker dots? You know, those ones that come in a big pack that they use in second grade?

Betsy said...

Excellent Ideas Ladies!