Wednesday, August 19, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROBERT!

Elder Packham (aka Buddy, Kiddo, Rob-burrito, Cutie Pie, hottie-po-tottie, Roberto) is turning 20 years old on Saturday. This is the first birthday that he will be away from the family for the big day and he is definitely missed. We decided to have a birthday party for him to celebrate his big day. The plan is to do a family BBQ up the canyon and we will have "Roberto" there in his place this year... For those of you that don't remember "Roberto" he is a cardboard stand up of our sweet missionary that we have around the house so we don't miss the real Robert too much (it doesn't always work)!! How cute is he?? And yes we did name him Roberto!
He had this made for Mom right before he left.

I've been thinking about the things I love about Robert and every time I do I start to cry. He truly is such a special kid. These are some of the MANY things I love about my little bro.

1. The girls in his family are extremely important to him and he treats us all amazingly well. He's always opening doors for us or carrying things for us. He is a true gentleman.

2. He will make you laugh more then anyone you'll ever meet. Just hearing him laugh will make you laugh for hours.

3. He loves just being with his family. Many times he would be out with friends and as soon as he'd hear that all of the family was just hanging out at home he'd come home to be with us.

4. I love that even when he was in junior high when every kid that age wants to be "cool" he would still give me a hug and/or kiss in front of his friends when I would drop them off somewhere.

5. He's extremely easy to talk to and will listen to you for hours no matter what the subject is.

6. He's such a good example to everyone that knows him. He had an extremely strong testimony of the gospel at such a young age and he also is just such a good person and knows how to treat others and do the right thing in any situation.

7. When you are with him you just can't help but be happy.

8. He makes you want to be better in all aspects of your life.

9. I love that he's always interested in what you're doing. No matter what project any of us has going on he always wants to be involved.

10. I love that he gets so excited to tell you a joke but every time he gets laughing so hard he can't ever finish them.

11. I love how sensitive he is. He's very much into "man" things (sports, girls, video games) but he will be the first one to shed a tear when something touches him. Then I start, then mom starts, then grandma starts... ( I dont know where he gets it from!)

12. I love that he will be the first person to stand up for his friends and family, and in many cases even people he doesn't know.

I love you kiddo. I miss you EVERY SINGLE DAY and could not possibly be more proud of you.

HAPPY 20th BIRTHDAY!

No comments: