Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Success!!

Michael had his surgery yesterday and the doctors say it could not have gone better! We were at the hospital by 2:00 and they didn't take him into surgery until 4:45. About 6:00 they came and told me it went great and that I could see him in 20 minutes. An hour and a half later they let me see him and boy was he hurting! He was not a happy camper because of the pain he was in but the nurse got him as comfortable as she could. He was pretty hungry so we tried everything we could think of that sounded good to him- a hamburger patti, yogurt, jello, pudding, fruit, ice cream, milk, you name it! Around 11:00 he started to doze off. I went home then and came back first thing this morning (with one stop to get his requested jamba juice!) He was doing much better this morning when I got there. His pain level was down, he got a few hours of sleep and he was eating cheerios when I walked in. He was ready to go though. Within an hour of me getting there we were out the door on our way home. They gave us his instructions and a dose of meds and we were on our way. The drive home was a bit rough but we made it. He's resting in his own bed now and watching Madagascar 2. He was able to eat some lunch so I made him a grilled cheese. We are so so grateful that this surgery went well. Yesterday was a rough day, but today was better, and I'm sure tomorrow will be better then today. Thank you for all the prayers and phone calls.

3 comments:

Elisa said...

Oh good, I'm glad that the surgery went well. And I hope his pain is decreasing every day.

Kimberlyn said...

Glad to hear things went well. Hope he's back on his feet again soon. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Rachael said...

so glad everything went well. Im sorry I haven't called . do you need anything?