Monday, February 9, 2009

MOVIE REVIEW

Michael and I went to see Bride Wars and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button this last weekend and I went to see Revolutionary Road the previous weekend by myself. Here is my view on them... (you didn't know my other job was a movie critic did you??)

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button:

Michael thought it was really sad- he was still thinking about it hours after we had left the theater. I thought it was more sweet. It was a REALLY long movie. 3 full hours! The aging process for both characters was amazing to watch! I would recommend it. It was a pretty cute movie.


Bride Wars:


Typical chick flick but was cute and entertaining. I love Kate Hudson. She is super cute. And Anne Hathaway is growing on me because of this movie. It was cute. I must mention that there were only 3 brave husbands in the whole theater (yes, mine was one of the three!)

Revolutionary Road:

OK, this is a tough one. I don't think it should be getting nominated for as many awards as it has been. I didn't think it was fabulous. I thought it had a relatively good story about how our lives can tend to become monotonous and you may want to escape it occasionally and just run away from life... but I HATED that everyone was cheating on their spouse! I hate in movies how they always glorify that. That just totally turns me off to a movie. But anyway, I'm glad I saw it to see (or not see) what all the rave is about, but I'm sure I wouldn't watch this one again.

No comments: