Friday, October 3, 2008

Instacare here we come

Have I mentioned there is never a dull moment at our house? I have been having pretty bad chest pain for about a month on and off. It finally got so bad yesterday that I was balling in the bathroom at work so Michael finally talked me into going to get checked out. We went from work straight to instacare, they did an EKG (?) and a chest x-ray. Both of which they said looked perfect. They decided it is probably something called Pleurisy which I guess is an inflammation of the lining in my lungs and just gave me extra strength Advil. I sure hope that's all it is and that's all that's needed to fix it! I can't even begin to tell you how thankful I am to have health insurance. I went to the doctor last week, instacare yesterday, Michael is having a procedure at the hospital done Monday, and an MRI Tuesday. Michael and I say all the time that we don't think people believe us when they hear of all the medical issues we have at our house... unfortunately they are all true! We are still grateful for our health because it could be a lot worse!

5 comments:

Kim said...

I hear ya about having insurance! It seems like there's always something wrong with me . . . and not just mentally!

Rachael said...

I am so sorry to hear about your health problems! let me know if i can do anything for you guys. I dont cook but I can order a pizza!! call me

Betsy said...

I'm actually ok right now- i just feel like I got punched in the chest... but nothing super bad. Good times huh?

BAWC said...

glad that the ekg and xray were normal. i hope that your pain gets better :) if you need, i don't know, some cpr just give me a call it has been awhile!

Betsy said...

I actually almost called you before we went in! It's nice to have a nurse as a friend!!